Organizing, Redesign & Staging

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Organizing is Progress & Maintenance

In the past, I've talked about 'maintenance' tasks versus 'progress' tasks. To review, maintenance tasks involve the repetitive daily things you do such as laundry, cleaning, and taxi-ing the kids around; progress tasks get something accomplished towards a goal, like learning a language or a sewing project.

Organizing involves a little of both type -- you may do a giant decluttering project once in a while (progress) but the impact of that organization affects daily life (maintenance). If I keep up with my files and paperwork on a regular basis, then when I look for something, I will be able to find it easily. Being organized requires you to be proactive to the extent you can be better reactive.

Some food for thought this morning...enjoy your day!