Organizing, Redesign & Staging

Monday, May 11, 2009

Finding Recipes Using Foods You Have

I was recently intrigued by an article referencing websites that you could use interactively, typing in ingredients you had, and seeing what recipes matched them (instead of vice versa). Aren't there a few times you've had, say, ground beef and wondered what you could make from it?

I like the idea that you can come up with recipes using rarely-paired ingredients, and that you use what you have. Half the time I see interesting recipes, I think to myself, I guess I'd have to go out and get [fill in the blanks for 5 or more items I don't have at home or have never bought].


Check out Leftover Wizard and SuperCook.com. Both sites allow you to pick from a list of ingredients and flavors, and recipes that use those (plus some that use those and more) come up from a search. Very efficient use of pantry items!