Organizing, Redesign & Staging

Friday, August 10, 2007

Prioritizing Your Choices and Therefore Your Time

I wrote about time management in a post titled No Time for Time Management. Managing multiple tasks and my family's time is something I am very proud of, but also is a skill that I feel strongly that others can achieve.

I recently read an online article by Jacqueline Hale about prioritizing and time management at OnlineOrganizing.com, and loved the sentiment. I wanted to share it with you:

CONSCIOUS PRIORITIZATION: Conscious Prioritization involves determining what it is you really WANT in your life and balancing that with what it is you really HAVE to do in your life. For example: You have to sleep, you have to take care of your children and you probably have to work. Other than that your time is your own. Now I know what you’re thinking, but no, you really don’t have to clean your house. No, you really don’t have to be involved in the parent teacher association. No, you really don’t have to be a den mother, a little league mom, a Girl Scout leader, a volunteer, or a deacon at church. I’m not telling you to resign from everything but I am telling you that there are a FINITE number of hours in the day and I’m encouraging you to spend them on activities that bring you the greatest enjoyment!

Maybe this will give you some food for thought, or confirm that you are
managing your time effectively! Remember, it is about choices.