Organizing, Redesign & Staging

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Make Organization a Priority

Ready for a bit of venting? Ok, here goes.

Sometimes I talk with people or hear from other organizers that clients say "I'm too busy to get organized" or "I can't handle doing organizing sessions with all that I have going on right now".

Here's what runs through my head: when you are that busy, it is even more important to becomes organized (or more organized). Don't you think that maybe if you were more organized, your house less cluttered, your time more efficient, et al, that you might be less busy? It is not that you can't do organizing because you're busy, but that you are busy because you aren't doing organizing! We have our cause and effect reversed.

To me, it's like someone saying that they're too sick to take medicine. The thing you're not making time for is the very thing that could help! Sometimes it is necessary to stop and take a look at how things are going. Stop and realize that a short amount of organization invested pays off for a lot of extra time, peace, and satisfaction down the road. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the most organized people are the ones with a lot of free time. (Look at me -- time to write on my blog and vent!)